An absolute first in Florence.
Highlights of the private Scandals & Secrets: Florence Unveiled tour include:
- See Florence in all her glory, the Renaissance city as you’ve never seen her before!
- Draw back the curtains on the boudoir of this city's past, where the world’s oldest occupation was its biggest business
- Hear flabbergasting tales with secret histories from the resplendent to the repulsive
- Discover how renowned artists fell prey to anonymous betrayals
- From Popes to peasants, to prominent psychopaths - discover the social, political and religious terrors rising from alchemy, pharmacy and witchery
- Find out about the shocking (and sometimes vile) potions used to drug, cure, poison and maim
- Spy the at times cheeky, often crude messages built into Florence’s greatest monuments
- Pass the sites of massacres, where bodies were tossed into an ancient well still exiting today, and where superstitious locals still fear to step foot
The finer details:
Length: 2.5 hours
Meeting point: Our office at Via Sassetti, 1 (2nd floor) in Florence's city centre.
What is appropriate for tipping in Italy?
In Italy, tipping is not as common in restaurants as it is in North America. You will sometimes see on your bill that a “coperto” or service fee is already included...
When is a good time to visit?
Italy's climate varies greatly from the Alps in the north to the southern areas and islands. Many parts of the country are fairly mild climate and beautiful for different reasons throughout the year. Some prefer to visit in the spring when...
Read all FAQs